It doesn’t feel like fall today. There is a brick wall of stifling heat right outside the door. But Labor Day Weekend is upon us, and Mr. FS informed me this morning that the Notre Dame Football Season kicks off tomorrow, so it must be fall, right? Full disclosure, I don’t really care much for football, and haven’t watched an ND football game with any interest since eye candy Brady Quinn graduated. But the prospect of a Saturday afternoon spent lounging in front of the TV with some game-time snacks, a long weekend, and the fact that the Fall TV Preview issue of EW arrived today, made me realize how much I am looking forward to the arrival of my very favorite time of year. Here are five things I am looking forward to this fall:
- The return of my favorite TV shows. My excitement for fall grows when the previews for fall TV start airing. I’ve waited all summer to find out who killed Rosie Larson, and distraught that Holder might be a dirty cop, so The Killing better hurry up and return. Modern Family is my favorite (I swear the creators spied on my husband before creating the Phil Dunphy character). Glee and 90210 are my other can’t-miss shows. I heart teen dramas.
- Fall nail polish. While I haven’t seen it in person yet, Chanel’s Peridot is a bit so-so (although their fall makeup colors do not disappoint). Metallic green nails? It’s weird to me. When it comes to fall polish, I like dark. Beth WA recently shared a link to the Essie fall collection, and Carry On and Power Clutch are on my to-buy list.
- Apples. I started making crock-pot applesauce last year, and can’t stop thinking about it. When I’m more blog savvy, I’ll post a link to the blog with the recipe. In the meantime, I’m also going to be checking out the overnight sensation Crock Pot Girls facebook page for other delicious and convenient ways to use my Crock Pot(s) this fall. Update: Crock Pot Applesauce by Stephanie O’Dea. I add cardamom to mine before cooking, it gives it a little more of an apple pie filling taste…
- New music from my favorite front man. I may or may not have a slight obsession with Tom DeLonge, of Blink-182 fame. I met him last year. It was the best day EVER (aside from my wedding day and the births of my children, of course).Blink-182 has not released an album of new music since 2003. Their new album Neighborhoods will be released on September 27. To say I’m a little excited would be quite an understatement. And Tom’s other band Angels and Airwaves ALSO has a new album this fall. Love: Part Two will be released in November. They rock. Even if you don’t like Blink-182, you should check them out.
- Clooney-palooza. Mr. George Clooney has two movies coming out this fall. The Descendants and The Ides of March. One of them also stars everyone’s favorite street-fight-breaker-upper.
What are you looking forward to this fall?