No posts for over a week, then two posts in one day, what? I’m random like that. And so is this list of things that I am loving at this moment:
1. New Girl – This show is hilarious. Zooey Deschanel is hilarious. I’ll be honest, before this show, I knew her only as a singing elf and wife to Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie. I thought, “Really, Ben went all Hollywood?” I was so wrong. She is quick, and quirky, and delightful, and darling, and has super fabulous style, and a fantastic voice to boot (her songs only add to the hilarity of the show). My sincere and deepest apologies to both Ben and Zooey for my pre-judgment.
2. Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette – I have been eying this for some time. No pun intended. My fantastic mom bought it for me on a recent Sephora trip. The texture of these shadows is divine. Like butter. Not greasy butter that will melt off of your eyelids after an hour of wear, but smooth shadow that applies perfectly and lasts all day when Urban Decay or other eye shadow primer is used. There are seriously four million different looks you can create with just this one palette. I think the hype is true, you could probably get rid of all of your other eye shadows and just use this one for the rest of your life. Or until it runs out.
3. Pinterest – This one comes with a warning. If you think Facebook is addicting, approach Pinterest with extreme caution. It’s an amazing way to record and organize pictures of all of your favorite things, all in one place. It’s a way to get new ideas for everything, from a fall look to what to make for dinner. It’s a way to discover things about yourself, from what you really think makes a home beautiful, to the fact most of your Hollywood crushes sort of resemble each other.
So really, it’s healthier than Facebook. It’s not stalking, it’s self-discovery!
4. Blink-182 Neighborhoods – Mark, Tom, and Travis did not disappoint with this new album. It is pop-punk perfection. It’s a perfect mixture of old Blink and new Blink, with a definite Cure influence. It is great musical accompaniment on the treadmill, in the car, or rocking out in the kitchen while making pumpkin oatmeal.
5. Friday Night Lights – So, I’m totally late to the party on this one. I heard all the
hype but never watched when it was actually on real TV. I actually just started watching it on Netflix streaming a few months ago, and I now spend just about every evening in Dillon, Texas. I’m not a big football person, but this show is about so much more than football. It is brilliantly written, the actors are amazing, and the characters are so real. I don’t even know the words to explain it. It is so relatable, and funny, and heart-wrenching. I know that everyone who knows me is probably sick of hearing me talk about it. But at least twice during each episode, I turn to my husband and say, “I can’t believe how good this show is,” or “This is seriously the best show ever on television,” or some other similar exclamation about its awesomeness. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is probably the best show I have ever watched. No, I am not forgetting about Alias.
What random things are you loving right now?
- Beth FS